With live events at a standstill for now and no clear end in site, it may seem like doing nothing is the only thing we can do as event organizers. However, there’s several things every event organizer should be doing right now to assure they come out on top in the end:
1. Use this time to solve for what you CAN control. Something we preach as a white-label ticketing platform is the importance of having FULL control of your brand, money, data and technology.
2. Adjust your marketing strategy. Don’t disappear from attendees minds, instead, ensure them you’ll be waiting for them once the fog clears! If you’re not sure where to start, consider focusing on social advertising, email marketing, and incentivized referral marketing.
3. Take your event virtual! With the rest of the world being virtual for the time being, get creative with your event and host it virtually. Those who can engage their audience virtually will have an easier time bouncing back in the end.
4. Increasing your average cart total. Think of a small tweak in sales you can make, even if you aren’t currently on sale! This can be anything from bulk ticket discounts, retail add-ons or even ticket insurance.
5. Combating fear. Focus on how your messaging will handle purchase hesitation. Communication is key. Make sure you tell your customers how you’ll be updating safety and health protocols. List everything out! Will you have hand washing stations around every corner? Additional cleaning and sanitation staff? Let your customers know how serious you take their health and safety.
Read more of our insight for event organizers in this article we wrote for Event Industry News.
|These cookies are used to identify visitors across visits and devices. They are used by AdRoll.com to allow us to engage in real-time bidding for our advertisements so that we can present relevant advertising on third party sites.|
|__ar_v4||This cookie is associated with the DoubleClick advertising service from Google, and helps tracking conversion rates for ads.|
|_fbp||This cookie is used by Facebook to connect us to their advertisement products such as real time bidding for our advertisements so that we can present relevant advertising on Facebook.com.|
|cli_user_preference||The cookie is used to store the yes/no selection the consent given for cookie usage. It does not store any personal data.|
|Purpose/Activity||Type of Personal Data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To process your payment to purchase tickets from an Event Host||Credit/debit card details||Legitimate interests – to process your payment to the Event Host to complete your ticket purchase|
|To register you as a new customer and to create and maintain your account||Name, email address, address, username, password, date of birth, and phone number||Performance of a contract between you and Event Host|
|To process and deliver your order for our Services including:|
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges; and
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
|Name, email address, address, date of birth, phone number, credit/debit card details and transaction history.||Performance of a contract between you and Event Host|
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:|
(b) Asking you to provide feedback
|Name, username, email address and transaction history.|| |
Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
|To deal with any enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised||Name, username, email address, and information about the issue raised||Legitimate interests – to allow us to respond and deal with any queries, correspondence, concerns or complaints raised by you|
|To administer and protect our business and the Website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||Name, username, email address, standard web log entries that contain your IP address, page URL, browser plug-in types and versions, device information and identifier, operating system information, and timestamp||Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)|
Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||Name, username, email address, standard web log entries that contain your IP address, page URL, browser plug-in types and versions, device information and identifier, operating system information, and timestamp||Necessary for our legitimate interests in providing our website and promoting our business|
|To use data analytics to improve our Website, products/Services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||Name, username, email address, standard web log entries that contain your IP address, page URL, browser plug-in types and versions, device information and identifier, operating system information, and timestamp||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and Services, to keep our Website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about products or Services that may be of interest to you||Your name and email address||Necessary for our legitimate interests in providing our website and promoting our business|